Monday, June 23, 2008

Taking the dive

This has nothing to do with swimming - amazing but true.

I have suffered with a broken tailbone for about 2 years now. I have used the "donut" shaped cushion, cortisone shots and less sitting in general. (It has taken a toll on my scrapbooking hobby). It still hurts. I have decided to schedule surgery. In fact it is occurring on Wed - today is Monday.

I had my last phone call from the admission office at the hospital. My surgeon said that the "procedure" (removal of the broken tailbone piece) is an outpatient procedure. It is scheduled for 7:30 am - I was hoping to be home by lunch time. The hospital seems to think that I am staying overnight for "pain control". I have had two children - how bad can it be? Besides, I will get more rest at home than in the hospital with the nurses always taking my vital signs and the uncomfortable beds. Please - send me home if possible!

I am extremely nervous about the whole thing. Very little can go wrong. The biggest possible complication is infection because of the location of the incision (duh?). So, just keep it clean? I have also never been under general anesthesia and have no idea how I will respond.

Please, say a quick prayer. After this is over, the rest of the summer will be a breeze. Thanks!

Blessings

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Praying for your AND your medical team! Get well soon my friend