Friday, June 27, 2008

Survived

I am at home and doing fine. I did get to come home on Wed - no overnight stay at the hospital. I was so thankful. I wasn't much help at home, but I was present. My poor husband has been bored out of his skull playing chaffeur for the kids.

I can't yet sit very well yet, due to the incision. Not that I am worried, but it is way below the "bikini" line. Here are a couple of things that I am learning..

*The pain medicine helps, but I now have no appetite and food has no taste. Can we say diet plan?

*I might have ADD. I am having a harder time just resting than I thought I would.

*General anesthesia is just strange. First you are in the operating room, the next thing you know you are in recovery. 1 1/2 hours of my life I don't remember. Strange.

*My kids can be helpful when they want to be. Even though they still bicker.

Thanks for your prayers. I am getting tired again. Blessings

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I am so glad things went well! Wish I could be there to bring over some dinner!

Susanne said...

I was wondering how you were doing. I'm glad the surgery went well. Pain meds really do take away your appetitie. Continue to rest and recuperate!