Friday, June 15, 2007

100 things about me

Apparently, there is a blog tradition that at or about the 100th entry of your blog, you are suppose to list 100 things about yourself. It has taken me longer than I thought it would to get this list put together. So, here is mine - read and be amazed!

1. I was born and raised in a suburb of Denver, Colorado.
2. I once had a siamese cat named Stubs that had a short tail (thus the name). He slept on my bed and died of feline leukemia at age 14.
3. I much prefer cats over dogs.
4. I have been accused of having the sleeping habits of a cat - taking a nap whenever and where ever possible.
5. My career goal since 5th grade was to be a medical doctor.
6. God changed my heart and redirected my career to teaching during my junior year in college.
7. I never really had marriage as a goal.
8. I have now been married for 12 1/2 years. (Don't tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor!)
9. I don't like any kind of lemon desserts.
10. I moved to MN to be a mime (try explaining that to your parents)
11. I met my husband while being a mime - we performed the gospel in mime.
12. I have only owned one car that was not a Honda.
13. I received Christ as my savior as a Junior in high school after hearing "Friends" by Michael W. Smith at a Youth for Christ retreat.
14. I was baptized last summer after struggling with the concept since college.
15. I have become an avid NASCAR fan.
16. I know more about the rules of baseball, basketball and football than my husband. He is not much of a sports fan.
17. I don't know much about hockey (welcome to MN!)
18. I have grown to love watching competitive and synchronized swimming.
19. My favorite hobby is srcapbooking.
20. I love to read - mostly fiction. I have several books going at one time. My husband doesn't quite understand this.
21. If I was trapped in a building I would choose a library.
22. I love to learn new things. It keeps my brain from decomposing.
23. I would like to go sky-diving.
24. I would like to lead someone in prayer to receive Jesus as their Savior.
25. My favorite color is purple.
26. I want to learn to ride a horse.
27. My favorite type of food is mexican (even though I am culturally Italian)
28. I am a grand-daughter of Italy (grandfather 1st generation Italian-American).
29. I am the oldest of 4 children - one whole brother and 2 half sisters 21 years younger than me.
30. My favorite movie is "A Walk to Remember"
31. I love contemporary Christian music, i.e Casting Crowns, Switchfoot, Third Day, Newsboys, etc.
32. I was born to teenage parents.
33. Neither of my parents graduated from high school.
34. According to statistics, they were divorced when I was 5 years old and my brother was only 3.
35. I was the first in my family to graduate from high school.
36. I was co-valedictorian with my best friend on my high school graduation day 20 years ago.
37. As a teenager, I thought that love and sex were the same thing.
38. I became pregnant for the first time my freshman year in college and had an abortion.
39. God used this experience to bring me closer and more dependent on Him.
40. I became pregnant again 5 years later and now have a beautiful daughter, a husband and a son.
41. I am an adult child of an alcoholic.
42. I have benefited from Godly counselors to find healing.
43. I like to make and can my own strawberry jam and salsa.
44. I can water-ski better than I can downhill ski (this is odd since I grew up by the mountains and not by the water.)
45. I never thought I would own my own boat, but we do.
46. I traveled to Guatemala and saw real poverty for the first time.
47. I saw real joy in the eyes of the poor as they talked about Jesus.
48. We sponsor 1 child in Guatemala and 1 child in Mozambique.
49. My first broken bone occurred when I was 35.
50. I have had reconstructive plastic surgery on my face due to a dog bite when I was 8 or 9.
51. I am not a very good cook, but I am learning.
52. My favorite chore is laundry (if you can have one)
53. I hate dusting - as you can tell by the names written in the dust on my end tables.
54. My husband's love language is serving.
55. My love language is quality time.
56. My main spiritual gifts are administration and shepherding.
57. I have worn contacts since 9th grade.
58. I am having lense implant surgery so that I don't need contacts anymore.
59. Fall is my favorite season.
60. I enjoy watching movies.
61. I am still amazed at the size of the trees here in MN.
62. I am an introvert.
63. I would rather email someone than call on the phone.
64. My favorite fast food hamburger is a Whopper Jr. (kids don't like it because they have "seeds" on the bun).
65. We are doing family trips each summer to follow the Mississippi River from the headwaters in Itasca, MN to the Delta in New Orleans, LA. We are currently in the middle of IA.
66. Our next trip will be to follow the Missouri River - the Lewis and Clark trail.
67. My mid-life crisis car will be a red Miata convertible - coming sooner than I think.
68. I have always struggled with being happy with my weight - slightly anorexic in high school.
69. I have a 1st generation i-pod - which was revolutionary at the time and just "big" now.
70. I can't really go to sleep at night without reading.
71. I am a night person.
72. Heath bars are my favorite candy bar as well as DQ blizzard flavor.
73. I once worked the overnight shift at a Mister Donut and frosted donuts.
74. I once dated a State Trooper for a week that I met working at Mister Donut.
75. I first colored my hair 5 years ago - first red and now blonde highlights.
76. I once had posters on my wall of Scott Baio (Happy Days), John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) and Greg Evigan (BJ and the bear).
77. Favorite authors, Karen Kingsbury, Max Lucado and John Ortberg.
78. I look forward to going to church every week. The music and message is always refreshing.
79. My greatest joy has been watching my children grow.
80. I don't smoke
81. I have a pond in my back yard with plants and 5 goldfish.
82. It annoys me when people don't leave a message on an answering machine.
83. My favorite fruit is peaches.
84. I like liver.
85. I sold Creative Memories products for 2 years.
86. I helped lead my daughters girl scout troop.
87. My favorite place for a retreat is Beartrap Ranch in CO.
88. I failed a biochemistry course in college and thought it was the end of the world.
89. I am committed to making my marriage work - divorce is not an option.
90. I have a husband that believes the same thing.
91. I don't tan , I just freckle.
92. I saved money during high school and went on my first and only cruise vacation (so far!)
93. I am still in contact with my best friends from high school - I have no idea where the boys are that I dated.
94. I love to get manicures and pedicures.
95. I am so blessed to have been born in America.
96. I once sang in the choir for a Billy Graham crusade held in Denver.
97. I once sang in a backup choir (200 of us) for a Micheal W. Smith concert.
98. I may not feel rich, but I am wealthier than 95% of the world.
99. I love a rainy day where I can read or scrapbook all day.
100. My life belongs to Jesus - Praise HIM!

Yea! I did it!

Thanks for reading.

Cyndee

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh my goodnes - I learn more about you everyday. Why is it that we had to wait until I moved across an ocean (or two)before we could get to know each other?

The power of blogs.

Liza on Maui said...

OK, I have not finished reading tyeh list yet. I'd be back (got to get ready for church) - just want tosay it's nice to get to know you more through your 100 list.

Connie Barris said...

This was awesome... ok,, except the liver thing.. yuk..

we have lots in common.. I'll have to share sometime...

You are so neat to share your heart.. I do a thing with my counselee's for couples that went through abortions.. I'll have to send you the letter... the guy that taught my class, his at the time girlfriend had an abortion and this letter was beautiful.. I gave it to our Abortion center here in our town...and use it now in counseling when I see fit...

Thank you for sharing.. and getting to know you

blessings...

Gretchen said...

I loved your list. I grew up (mostly) in Fort Collins, went to school in Boulder, and lived several years in Castle Rock. I also sold CM for about 2 years. Luuurrrve Mexican food, too. :)

Praying for the people in MN affected by the bridge collapse. Terrifying.