1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
I choose to go back with the help of some great therapist's/counselors. I really needed to go back to my source of shame in order to realize what it was doing to me on the inside. I had very little self esteem. I still struggle with feeling useful or important, but I am learning to have a healthy perspective. I understand what my God given gifts are and can give the glory to God - it makes it so much easier when I can point to Him.
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
I think that I can honestly say no. I don't talk about certain struggles to be sensitive to others or to not "throw my pearls before swine", but I don't know that I am in bondage to my past any longer.
3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer?
Everytime that I look at my children. I know that they are the blessing to me for putting my faith in Christ. I see the hope and trust in them. It truly is amazing.
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
I think that it takes great faith to do this - even with God talking to you from a burning bush. But that is the great thing! He is there, ready to use whatever you have done or has been done to you to be a great tool for the kingdom. Amen!
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'!
Done! On my bathroom mirror.
Thanks for reading! If you want to join us (ANYTIME!) head on over to Lisa at The Preacher's Wife and join the learning and fun.