Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Waiting...

for the lab reports and late homework and students after school. This is probably one of the few moments that I can say that my in basket is empty and my grades are currently up to date. Tomorrow I will need to write a quiz and set up a lab, but for now I am just twiddling my thumbs until the clock says it is time to leave. So, here are some of the updated news...

Thanksgiving - uneventful (and in my life that is a good thing!). We went to an early movie and then went to my in-laws for the BIG meal. I am grateful that my mother-in-law makes great gravy - that is all that I am going to say about that. I made the pumpkin pie - according to the Biggest Loser - this is the least fattening of the possible Thanksgiving pie choices. All was calm as we slept off the meal.

On Friday, we broke with tradition. We usually get a tree, but alas, not this year. The girl was complaining over and over again about this travesty. It was just so early that the tree may not make it until Christmas - so we waited until Sunday instead. So ever so slowly, our house is transformed with decorations and lights. This is great this time of year when the sun sets at 4:30 pm - it feels like it is dark all the time!

We spent many days at the YMCA - exercise is over rated. I know that it is good for me. Luckily, the Y we attend has the fancy ellipticals that have a tv attached. So, I really have no excuse to sit at home when I can walk and watch...

Still doing some Christmas shopping - the big present is purchased for the kids (Wii), just looking for some games to go with it. Also need to shop for the husband - any ideas out there?

Thanks for reading.
Blessings

No comments: