Friday, August 15, 2008

Fave Five for Friday

Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story started this and I thought I would play along since I have the time today. She asked us to list our 5 favorite things that happened this week. This might be a good way for me to be a little more thankful!

1. Watching the Olympics. I am dead tired from staying up too late and then getting up early to take the girl to swim practice. It just amazes me the dedication it takes to be that good in a sport. You almost have to live, eat and breathe your sport. It is also a fun family thing - we watch and cheer together.

2. A chance to go shopping by myself. I am not much of a shopper, but it was a chance to get away and look at my leisure. No real bargains, but good time alone.

3. Fresh string beans from the garden. My beans are growing and producing much fruit. I love the taste of fresh from the garden string beans.

4. Reading. I am going to miss my time to read. I have been able to just sit and read this summer. Once school starts I am crazy busy and don't have the time to read.

5. Laughter. We find odd things funny in our house. We were watching an old episode of Little House on the Prairie - one when the preacher falls in love with the widow and they get married. Mrs. Oleson meddles and calls the widow a "brazen hussy". We decided that that was the 1800's word for "Ho". So now we use "brazen hussy" instead. Such a great us of the English language!

I hope you stop by at Suzanne's and join us for the fun.

Blessings

1 comment:

Susanne said...

LOL to "brazen hussy". I'd forgotten how Mrs. Olsen acted.

I've been getting my fill of Olympics too. I get so caught up in it. And green beans fresh from the garden. Yummy!

Thanks for playing along! It was fun to read your answers.