Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall into reading



I am finally posting my Fall Into Reading list. It seems that I have an ongoing list (see sidebar) but this challenge, like it's host Katrina, helps me to get to those pesky non-fiction books that stretch me. I have had a couple - even a couple from the Spring challenge, but I am going to give it another shot. So here is my official list.

9 things you simple must do by Henry Cloud: I started this last spring and I am about half way through it. I am actually trying to apply some of the principles. I really want to get this one done.

Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by JoAnne Weaver: Also a hold over from last spring. I keep reading great reviews and quotes on this. I am going to work on this one next - before the fiction....:)

Now Discover your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham: I acquired this book after hearing him speak at a leadership conference this summer. He is a dynamic speaker and I am hoping the book is just as interesting. I am waiting on the husband for this one. He does so much better at non-fiction than I do!

Holy Discontent by Bill Hybels: This is another great speaker and pastor of Willow Creek Community Church outside Chicago. I read one of his books, Too Busy Not To Pray, in college. It was eye opening. I have a feeling this book might have the same affect. I am hoping to get to it.

Now on to the fiction:

True Light by Terri Blockstock: This is the third book is a series about how the world would function without anything that runs on electricity. Intriguing for my scientific mind.

Sunrise and Summer by Karen Kingsbury: My book list would not be complete without including one of my favorite authors on my reading list. Continuation of the Firstborn series.

Kingdom Come by Tim LaHaye: Last book in the left behind series. It seems like it might be anti climatic, but I will give it a go.

I am sure that I will be adding to my list as I look at other peoples list and read reviews. I love reading and this is so much fun.

Happy Reading everyone!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

I absolutely love Mary Heart in a Martha World. It's my favoritist bible study ever (ok, so far). Maybe because it spoke exactly what I needed to hear and exactly what I was trying to say at the same time. You'll understand when you read it!

Nise' said...

Great list. I am waiting until all books are published in the Sunrise Series. I am one of those that hates to wait... Terri Blackstock is on my favorite author list. Happy Reading.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks like a great list. My husband and I both went through Now Discover Your Strengths and enjoyed it -- we love books about personality, temperament, etc. I just heard about that Henry Cloud book the other day too -- sounds like a good one. Thanks for being part of the challenge -- enjoy your fall reading!

Robin M said...

I really enjoyed reading terri blackstock's books the restoration series. Very interesting and enlightening.

Enjoy

Robin

Connie Barris said...

I read the whole Summer Sunrise series by Karen kingsbury.. omg.. I loved them.. I met her.. she is an awesome.. humble ... person...

I met Henry Cloud a few weeks ago.. great speaker...

read Mary Heart in Marth World...another awesome read...

I struggle living like Martha but so want to be a Mary.. sad face...

blessings sweet friend
Connie

Susanne said...

I am so behind in my blog reading. But I finally made it to your list! Looks good. Quite a few non-fiction. I struggle with non-fiction. I'm lucky if I get through just one in a challenge. I want to read that series by Terri Blackstock. And the same with the series from Karen Kingsbury.