Sunday, December 03, 2006

Why?

Our church has sermons in a series fashion. The most recent series title is "Why?". You can listen and even view some of the most recent messages at www.eaglebrookchurch.com
. The most recent one touched on the topic of fear. It is interesting that in my ABC's of me that I listed fear of failure as my fear - this is the example that Pastor Bob used in his message! This is the same fear that he has, so I listened especially hard.

Roger said that this message hit a little too close to home. The world causes us to fear so many things, from germs and bacteria that cause death to fear about real things like terrorism. Our fear is a natural response that protects us in truly dangerous situations. On the chemical side - people like to go see scary movies because it produces natural hormones that give you a sort of a high.

The verse Pastor Bob emphasizes is the "Perfect love drives out fear". The bible says "perfect love", not conditional love that we receive from friends and even family sometime, but love without limits or conditions - the kind of love only our Lord Jesus could give you. If you read through the bible when angels appear to humans, they start by saying "Do not be afraid", yet we are fearful. The sight of God is going to be an amazing and fearful sight.

I keep working on accepting that unconditional love of Christ and realize the I am "Fearfully and wonderfully made" and the I am "created in His image". I have worked and worked on trying new things - like selling Creative Memeories for a couple of years. I really wasn't very good at it, but I learned so much through the process. I learned that I can share about something I love without being rejected. I am trying to apply this to sharing about my relationship with Christ. By trusting God, I can take risks and realized that I am loved regardless of the outcome.

Thanks for reading.

Cyndee

No comments: