Friday, February 23, 2007

Now I am only half blind

Just a quick update on my surgery. Everything went well and now I can see without contacts or glasses - but only in one eye. I am participating in a study which only allows one eye to be done at a time. I should be able to get the other eye done in May or June. So, I now wear a contact in the left eye and nothing in the right - nobody is the wiser. The scratchiness has gone away, so I am feeling better about the choice to do this. I was a little worried when my vision was a little blurred and the itchiness. I am glad that has past.

It feels strange to be able to see without assistance in the middle of the night, etc. I think that this is something that I could get use to. Roger noticed one odd thing - the lens in my eye reflects the light if hit just the right way - sort of like I cat eye. It kind of grossed him out - I guess that I don't blame him - that would be weird.

Thanks for the prayers!

No comments: