1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you 'twice a lady'? Have you been born again spiritually?
I have been born again since I was 16. I came to Christ after hearing the song "Friends" by Michael W. Smith (am I dating myself here?) at a retreat with Youth for Christ. I wanted a forever friend and I got one plus more than I could imagine. I finally got baptized just last summer - better late than never. I struggled with that whole concept as a teenager and beyond. I got baptized out of obedience not to "save" me. I was already saved but wanted to continue to follow Christ in obedience.
2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a 'deliverer'? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?
I have served in many areas in my church. I even moved from Colorado to Minnesota to do ministry (the gospel in mime - really!). It was not my passion, but I learned so much and met my husband. I am searching and waiting. I feel that my ministry right now in this season of my life is to raise my children to be believers and disciples of Christ. I get really unfocused and don't always find this to be important, yet, because I teach high school, I see the affects of uninvolved parents. These are the kids that are struggling more academically, have more discipline issues - and it seems to happen regardless of income or social standing. If parents would be parents.....now I am on a soapbox, next question please...
3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
4. What do you consider 'worthwhile ministry'? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?
5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours?
I have several times. I keep wanting is to change, but it won't. It isn't anything I can return - it is God's gift and who am I to think it isn't the perfect gift. I have two high ones. One is Administration - I just love to organize and plan. Planning our vacation each summer is just so fun as I plot our route and find things to do - I am the map woman! The second one is sheparding - which sometimes shows up as leadership on some tests. I don't really have the "vision" that most leaders have and people don't naturally follow me. But, I do see that in a group I like to direct the conversation and steer it to significant topics, etc.
Can't wait to read and connect with the rest of you.
God Bless and thanks for reading!