Thursday, April 03, 2008

Almost done

I almost have Chapter 6 in the Mary book done - just busy with life here at home during Spring Break.

We have basically done a mini makeover for the kids rooms - mostly for the girl (I should have taken before and after pictures - maybe I will post after tomorrow!). She is going to have to live with her choices until she leaves for college in 3 1/2 years. Wow! That seems much closer than I think. I spent all day Monday removing the wallpaper border from both rooms. That was tons of fun and I am not putting any back up! I really don't want to live through that again.

Anyway, her room was full of blue things - sort of an ocean themed room. She decided on changing it to a bright pink and yellow. Two walls pink and two walls yellow. It actually turned out quite nice. I also discovered that I am about the slowest painter ever. My husband actually paint houses in the summer for extra stuff - and has been painting for about 20 years - truly! He painted all of the boys room in the time it took me to paint two walls. I guess that I helped because it was two walls he did not have to paint later.

We have now done our best on a shoestring budget to have more pink accessories. We made a trip to IKEA and came a way with a couple lamps - pink for the girl and blue for the boy.

He decided on a bold dark blue color for his room. He has his car posters up. You can definately tell the difference between the rooms now!

We are considering expanding her tiny closet. That is going to include taking out sheetrock and adding some walls. I think that is more of a summer project!

It was project week in the neighborhood as well. The neighbor next door and across the street painted rooms and even redid some flooring in a bathroom. We kept taking breaks to see the progress being made. So, overall a successful week off. I still have Friday too relax and maybe get to play the Wii?

Blessings

No comments: