Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Martha and Mary Book Study - Day 5

Chapter 5 – Living Room Intimacy

Revelation 3:20

“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

The last chapter was the cure to our busyness was to have intimacy with God. Weaver describes many people that have lived extreme lives to prove their spiritual devotion to God. This is what Weaver says on page 65-66.

“All we really need is Jesus. . . . The Father actually wants us close and is willing to do whatever is necessary to make sure it happens….We can spend so much of our lives getting ready to know God or backing away out of fear of displeasing God that we never get around to enjoying the Living Room Intimacy Jesus came to provide. . . . The way has been made. The price has been paid. All we need to do is come.”

That is what Jesus is asking Martha to do. He wants us to spend time with him because that is how you build relationships. I am not so good at that in real life, but I continue to find the time to pray and read the bible. I got better and this in college and have wavered back and forth since kids. Something to keep working on – building that relationship with Christ.

I really liked what she says on page 73

“The place Mary found at Jesus’ feet is the same place available to you and me. It’s a place where we can be comfortable, where we can kick off our shoes and let down our hair. It’s a place of transparency and vulnerability; a place where we are completely known yet completely loved. It is truly a place called home.”

This thought has been a comfort to me, yet a little scary. That someone who knows me the best loves me the most. Only a loving God could do such an amazing thing.

Dear Lord. Thank you for always accepting me. That you desire my company and will produce fruit in me by my abiding in you. Amen

Blessings.

No comments: