Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Meme

This was sent to me by a good friend and I thought I would share my answers with you.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am not really into wrapping. I have been known to give gifts that were still in the store bag that it came in. Not so much for Christmas, but birthdays. Christmas - I find boxes and use paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? We usually have a real tree - at least until the kids leave. We love the smell. This year we found one with pine cones on it. We will probably find an artificial tree when we get older - won't be able to carry it up the steps.

3. When do you put up the tree? Traditionally the Friday after Thanksgiving. Last year we waited a week because Thanksgiving was so early and the tree would have been really dead before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? After the New Year, before school starts in January.

5. Do you like Egg Nog? Yes, but I am the only one in my house that does, so I only buy it once.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I vividly remember getting a gift certificate to get my ears pierced. I loved that gift. I can't do just one. I also loved the Pizzelle maker that my husband got me our first Christmas together.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Husband. He usually buys what he needs - I have to find something intangible (gift certificates, etc).

8. Easiest person to buy for? My son, Eli. Anything that moves fast, cars, trains, video games. He is always so grateful!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I think that we have 3. We only set one up. Our house has limited space so we pick a different one every year. (plus the outside lawn ornament type)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. We send out Easter letters and photos. We have more time to get them sent out during that time of year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Getting no gifts at all

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends, usually October sometime

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I must admit that I have re-gifted.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge and pizzelles (italian Christmas cookie)

16. Lights on the tree? yes

17. Favorite Christmas songs: Breathe of Heaven by Amy Grant

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, what kind of mom would I be if I couldn't (just kidding to those mom's that can't :)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year an angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve for Grandma, Morning for the immediate family

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and craziness of stores like Wal-mart/Target that I do my weekly shopping at.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Don't have one

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?We have BBQ ribs. Yum

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Quiet time with my family


If you feel like doing your own, let me know and I will come and visit you!

Blessings

No comments: