Friday, December 05, 2008
Fave Friday #16
I can only join in once in awhile, when life slows down a little. Who would have guessed that my life slows down around Christmas? Well, it is the break between the swim season and the synchro season. And the boy is too young to be in any skiing sport (yet). It is always so fun to see how blessed we all are. Thanks for hosting Susanne!
1) Swim Banquet: It is a time to celebrate all the good things that the girls accomplished. It is often boring for the parents (at least it is for me) but Charity has done so well. I can't help but be proud of her Varsity Letter and Distinguished Academic Award (3.6 GPA or higher).
2) Reading: I enjoy winter for the excuse it gives me to read. The sun goes down early and all I want to do is curl up by the fire with a good book. See this post for my most recent favorite read.
3) Day with the Hubby: A week or so ago my husband and I took the day off together and went Christmas shopping together. It was nice to browse and spend money together. We also got to go out for lunch and talk without the kids interrupting or fighting. What an amazing thing!
4) Christmas progams on tv: This might seem like a strange favorite, but I just love this time of year when healthy, family time specials are on tv. The classics like Charlie Brown, the Grinch and Rudolph.
5) Ship to Store: Many stores now have this now. You can save shipping costs, but also get what you want when you get to the store. Shipping is free, you can just pick it up at the store. I did this with Wal-mart (and since I go there anyway) and saved myself money and getting what I needed for gifts.
That is all that I have for now.