Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Flawed people


"What makes life on this frightful sod so exquisite
is God's merciful propensity to perform divine tasks
amid deeply flawed people."
~ Beth Moore, LPM Blog ~

Laurel over at Laurel Wreath is hosting todays In "other" Words. Please join us!

I went to the original blog entry for "context" on this one. I know, that is just the way I am. Beth Moore has such great ways of saying things - I just know that there had to be more. These were the next two sentences after the above quote.

"To paint intricate colors on a torn-up canvass.
We can recognize a miracle when we see one because we know that,
for God to use us, redeem us, or complete one stinkin' thing of value in us,
it would have taken nothing less. That's what He calls getting the glory."

Doesn't it just amaze you that God uses you at all? It truly amazes me and excites me. It is easy for me to give God the glory for so much in my life, because of my flaws and sin. I have made poor choices about that led to sin and pain. Yet, somehow, I am blessed by God. The creator of the universe knows me personally - WOW!

I was blessed this past week by my daughter - very appropriate with Mother's Day and all. She was our miracle baby in that we almost placed her up for adoption. Her father and I were not married or planning on getting married at the time of her birth. God changed our hearts and we choose to raise our daughter together - whatever sacrifices that would mean. God choose to paint intricate colors on this torn up canvass of my life.

The below is a response that I got from her synchro coach - it just made me cry to think that I could have missed all of this...

Thank you for your comments. First of all, I am not sure if you know Alissa very well, but she is an outstanding athlete, leader, and person. She is going to be missed greatly next year by me and the team. Now you might be saying what does this have to do with Charity. Well, the coaches have talked many times about how Charity is the next Alissa. I have every confidence in Charity and that she will be great. She rises to challanges and always has a great attitude.

I would love to take credit for being the best mom in the world, but I just can't. God is in our midst doing "divine tasks". I hope you take some time and thank him for all that He has done for you!

Thanks for reading

Cyndee

4 comments:

Nise' said...

Wonderful post about God's faithfuness to us! Thanks for sharing.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thank you for sharing. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama Pearls of Wisdom)

Denise said...

Lovely post, bless you.

Miriam Pauline said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing!