Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lesson I learned

This past weekend, I had the chance to go to an all day crop - scrapbooking for those of you that don't speak the lingo. I get to do this about 3-4 times a year. I enjoy reflecting about our family activities and spending time with other women that are creating memories to enjoy when we are old. It is a mom day - no cooking, no whining children (because mine are such angels!), etc.

I met some ladies that I had never met before. I tend to stick my foot in my mouth on a regular basis because I tend to be fairly opinionated. So, I am learning self-control with my tongue. I did okay for awhile. I listened and tried to gauge the personalities of these women while I worked away on my album. I truly stepped in it when I made a comment about being a member of my church and knew what was going on with the new campus - come to find out, both of these women were also members. I never would have guessed based on the conversation.

Why do I assume (my first problem) that all christians and members of my church will see life in the same way that I do? The body of Christ is diverse in character and gifts. It just wouldn't make sense that we would be all the same. But I found out this weekend that I think that. I have put other believers in a box. How unfair is that? God is working in my heart on this - to be more open and accepting of other believers. Only God knows the heart, and I should be concerned with mine. Just wanted to share this.

Thanks for reading!

PS - I did get 16 pages in my "Dam Album" done. A travel book of all the dams on the Mississippi River. Can't wait until next year.

No comments: