Friday, March 14, 2008

A teacher's life

There are ebbs and flows in a teachers life. This is the hardest part of the year for teacher's and students. We really haven't had a break since Christmas and the weather can be cloudy and gloomy here in the great North. After spring break, you can see the end. The energy of the staff and students picks up as Prom roles around and the Seniors prepare for the next stage of their lives. It is an exciting time of year - after spring break that is. We are waiting until March 28th before ours starts. Only a few more days....

This week many students were in panic mode because they realize how little time is left to pass classes. We have also had issues with the typical high school problems - fights, etc. We all have cabin fever and it wears on a person. I have also had a few tough conversations with parents about holding their child accountable for learning. I can only do so much - motivate, make the lessons interesting, and provide resources to learn. I am getting a little worn down, but my husband reminds me that I get this way every year. I get discouraged and wonder if this is where God wants me to be. I just want to throw in the towel. I am reminded to hold on until Spring Break. O Jesus help it to come quickly...

Hope the your week is great as you plan for the upcoming Easter celebration. I will try to remember to post a copy of our yearly Easter letter this week.

Blessings to all!

No comments: