Thursday, March 08, 2007

Made in His Image

Genesis 1:27
So God created human beings in his own image.
In the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

The past snow day has allowed me some extra time to reflect. Did you ever wonder why we make snow men? Why not something else? We have plenty of snow here in MN to make any snow sculpture you want and yet we try to make an image of ourselves - people. That got me to thinking on a more spiritual level (I told you that I had some time on my hands).

God made the entire universe, animals, plants, etc. Yet, his best work came on the day he created Man/Woman. Why? We are made in His image. We are a reflection of God. Now, I am not saying that the stars, animals and plants are not a reflection of God, I truly believe that you can find out amazing things about the creator through the natural world. But just look at the human being - such a thing of wonder. The way all the parts work together - how we can imagine and create such great things. So, even in a snow covered land, we - like God - create images like ourselves - snow people.

One of my favorite devotional sights is at Purpose Driven Life. I get a daily devotional sent to me via email. The one today was about "discovery". If you need a spiritual lift, this site will give you some words to help you see that just by being in the world and living for God is the best thing to do.

Have a blessed day!

Cyndee

No comments: