Friday, March 30, 2007

Birthday thoughts

Just a couple of random thoughts today. Did I mention that I don't really like birthdays? It isn't the getting old part that bothers me, but just the whole idea of being the center of attention. I am actually quite introverted and could stay in my house for days quite content - this really freaks out the husband.

Back to my birthday. We were really busy with church and all - so I suggested that we celebrate a different day. Well, in Roger's family that just didn't work. It was done on the day! In my family, you were lucky that someone even remembered - sort of like the movie "Sixteen Candles" with Molly Ringwold. My husband loves me very much, but birthdays are just not fun for me. He bought me very needed and practical gifts - because I just wouldn't get these things for myself - a hairbrush (mine barely had any teeth left), a coffee mug for the car (I broke my last one and haven't replaced it) and a folding chair for camping (the one I had lost a screw and didn't really work anymore). So, these were good gifts - I just didn't want them at the time he offered them. It isn't the gift for me - it is the people giving the gift that gives me pleasure. I love to give gifts and see the joy. What is wrong with me anyway?

I have patched things up with my husband and we are looking forward to our spring break. We are going to be tourists in our own city. It shall be fun. Look for blogs later.


Thanks for reading

Cyndee

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

Happy Birthday! However you want to celebrate it, have a happy one :)